BSc (Hons) Degree in Quantity Surveying
Kaja has over 12 years experience in the Construction Industry gained in Sri Lanka, UAE and Australia.
Kaja had commenced his professional career in 2005 and since then had been working in UAE until late 2011 on construction of various retail and residential apartment and commercial tower projects, built for different well known Owners and Developers from private, semi-government and bank sectors in UAE. In Australia Kaja worked from 2012 to 2015 on large scale civil and infrastructure facilities as Quantity Surveyor/ Contract Administrator for well-known Constructors; BGC Contracting and McConnell Dowell. In New Zealand Kaja continues to work for major Principals including Auckland Transport and Auckland International Airport.
Kaja is experienced in presenting valuation, assessing variation, drafting cost claims, administering subcontracts, establishing accurate costing and being accurate and meticulous in achieving budget targets without compromise, having proven track record of excellent commercial and contractual awareness.
Kaja also has other necessary skills to perform tender evaluation, tender analysis, procurement advice to the client, preparation of bill of quantities, price breakdown and rate analysis. Excellent written and oral communication and effective negotiation are some of his additional professional qualities. He also has the desire to assume responsiblity to make sure occupational health and safety of the working environment and his team.
Kaja also achieved “Excellence Award” issued by Bechtel Australia (EPCM Contractors and Owner’s Representatives) in recognition for his ability in managing construction contracts and administering subcontracts through better negotiation for effective cost management and various other benefits of the projects.
- Marine Works – Hay Point Coal Terminal Expansion Phase 3 Project (HPX3) for BHP Billiton and Mitsubishi Alliance (BMA) in Mackay, Queensland, Australia
- Horizontal Infrastructure Projects for Auckland International Airport Limited: Tom Pearce Drive HOV Lanes & DTB Forecourt Life Extension
- Aerodrome and Internal Roads Infrastructure Project for Roy Hill in Western Australia, Australia
- Otahuhu Bus and Train Interchange Main Works for Auckland Transport, New Zealand
- Land Side Civil Works: Drive way and carpark extensions and carpark reconfigurations, road upgradations and road signalisations for Auckland International Airport Limited, New Zealand
- The Air Fields Hobsonville Point: Road C, Road F Stub, Deep Drainage and Bulk Earth Works for Panuku Development Auckland
- The Airfields: Roads D & E – IFA Perimeter Roads Project for Auckland Council Property Limited, Auckland, New Zealand
- 15 Burtons Drive Subdivision Development for Kinglake Construction Ltd., New Zealand
- 100 Lot Residential Subdivision Civil Works for Hawken Land Development LP Ltd., Auckland, New Zealand
COMMERCIAL & RESIDENTIAL
- 2 Basements + Ground + Podium + 25 Storey + Roof Commercial and Residential Tower for Emirates National Bank of Dubai, UAE
- Forbidden City : Residential and Commercial Buildings (6 Buildings): Package – 2 for Nakheel Properties, UAE
RETAIL & RESIDENTIAL
- International City : Residential and Retail Buildings (29 Buildings): Package – 6 for Nakheel Properties, UAE
- International City : Residential and Retail Buildings (31 Buildings): Package – 7 for Nakheel Properties, UAE
- Arjan Projects: Residential and Retail Buildings (5 Buildings); Lincoln Park A, Lincoln Park B, Westside, Sheffield and Northside for DAMAC Properties, UAE
- Proposed Development Library Lane Albany for Library Lane Pty. Ltd., Auckland, New Zealand
- Union Green Development for West Village Capital Partners Ltd., New Zealand
- Timberly Road Proposed Multi-unit Development for Auckland International Airport Ltd., Auckland, New Zealand