30 Windrush Close Development
Available on request
30 Windrush Close is a brownfield development which included the demolition of a former retirement village and construction of a social housing facility along with a management office.
The project was comprised of 31no. 2-bedrooms apartments intended to help families previously living in marginal housing circumstances. This development acts as a steppingstone to permanent housing. It provides warm, safe accommodation to families for up to six months along with wrap around social services. In addition, 320m2 of office space and training facilities were also built on site.
The project is complete and was formally opened by the Rt Hon Jacinda Ardern, Prime Minister of New Zealand in late 2019.
Cuesko’s role on the project was to provide quantity surveying services which included.
• Providing cost estimates and budgeting advice
• Procurement advice and tender review
• Drafting construction contract
• Issuing Payment Recommendations
• Evaluate and agreeing variations.
The challenges on the project include:
• Ambitious budget
• Management of multiple stake holders
• Contamination discovered on site.
• Overland flow path.
• Project administration due to the Contractor managing the project remotely.