Orion Point Retirement Village
Available on request
Orion Point Retirement Village is a greenfield development with a total site area of 5 Hectares. It is situated within the greater residential subdivision of Hobsonville Point, Auckland.
The project comprises of 100 serviced apartments and basement car parking. Also, on the site are 35 villas and a specialist care building with 36 care suites and 12 dementia suites.
Substantial site infrastructure works, and landscaping provides integration into the local environment and community. Common facilities include a swimming pool, gym, bar, lounges & a bowling green.
The project will be undertaken in 4 stages to enable release and occupation of parts of the development while the balance is under construction.
The project is in the middle of the civils/infrastructure phase, with the first buildings having broken ground in Winter 2021.
Cuesko’s role on the project is to provide quantity surveying services which include;
• Providing cost estimates for alternative schemes for Metlifecare to input into their feasibility model to find the most efficient outcome for the site development.
• Issuing Payment Recommendations.
• Evaluate and agreeing variations.
• Engineer To Contract on the Building stages.
The challenges on the project include;
• Significant bulk excavation and site retaining works.
• Sloping site.
• Overland flow path.
• Complex staging to allow occupancy of partially completed main building.
• Inflation in market pricing during procurement phase of buildings.