Papamoa Beach Village - Care Home
($24 million overall Village Fee)
Available on request
Papamoa Beach Village is a retirement and aged care development that includes an extension to an existing administrative and communal facility as well as the construction of a new Care Home facility, housing 40-bed aged care suites of which there are a full dementia wing and the construction of 50 retirement villas and associated infrastructure and services.
The care home consists of 3 wings with a total of 40 ensuite rooms and shared kitchens, lounges and dining areas, reception, etc. A dedicated and specialised Dementia Care wing consisting of 16 units with contained external area forms part of the care home.
Our involvement also included further site development including bulk earthworks, minor retaining structures, and extensive site roading
Cuesko has provided all PQS works including cost estimates, procurement advice, value engineering, tender negotiations and full construction phase administration.
The challenges on the project include:
• Separate care home and pavilion packages
• Coordinated design packages, specifically relating to special services
• Unknown works to existing structures
• Procurement challenges of Main and Sub-Contractors in the current market
• Staged completion and handover of buildings in a fully functional and inhabited village.