Papamoa Beach Village
Available on request
Papamoa Beach Village is a retirement and aged care development that includes an extension to an existing communal facility as well as the construction of a new Care Home facility, housing 40-bed aged care suites of which there are a full dementia wing, as well as the construction of 50 retirement villas and associated infrastructure and services.
The project is being undertaken in stages to enable release and occupation of parts of the development while the balance is under construction.
The project entails alterations and constructing of new buildings, site development including bulk earthworks, minor retaining structures, and extensive site roading and landscaping. The Communal building incorporates an indoor pool, gymnasium, café/bar, dining room, commercial kitchen, library and lounges.
Cuesko has provided all PQS works including cost estimates, procurement advice, value engineering, tender negotiations and full construction phase administration.
The challenges on the project include:
• Separate care home and pavilion packages
• Coordinated design packages, specifically relating to special services
• Unknown works to existing structures
• Procurement challenges of Main and Sub-Contractors in the current market
• Staged completion and handover of buildings in a fully functional and inhabited village.